St. Simon Parish School has begun its iPad Pilot Program with the start of the 2011-2012 School Year. With the generous support of the St. Simon Parish Auction's Fund-A-Need Program, we were able to purchase 40 iPad2s, as well as 2 Bretford Carts, which are used to synch the devices to a central computer.
Presently, the student iPads have been used in the following classes (a sample as of 9/14/11):
- 8th Grade Science (Frog Dissection)
- Math Bingo (used for assessment of math computation in lower elementary)
- Drawing App (Art, K-8)
- Busuu (Spanish Language App)
- Sentence Builder (K-3)
- Pages (6th Grade Healthy Living; 8th Grade Social Studies)
- iMovie (to record and edit videos: recently used in Middle School Enrichments)
- Catholic Reference Bible (school-wide)
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Steven Rummell (email@example.com), Vice Principal, or Mrs. Laura Gremett (firstname.lastname@example.org), 8th Grade Teacher/Math Coordinator.